D10803: handle more tags in taglibextractor

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 3 13:14:32 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  I played around a bit with your previous diff (lyrics included). And modified some `test.ogg` and `test.mp3`. Lyrics is not metadata, but if we include them they will be searchable:

    $ baloosearch lyrics:carefree
    ~/samplefiles/test.ogg
    ~/samplefiles/test.mp3
    Elapsed: 0.76411 msecs

  which is very nice, IMO. Will work in KRunner too.
  Info panel looks good.
  Tooltips: buggy. see here <https://phabricator.kde.org/file/info/PHID-FILE-dgdmiaxxxshiyi33mgig/>

  I'm a bit sorry, that I'm so back and forth with this. Finding a proper compromise takes time.

  In conclusion for me:
  Singular is OK
  For a first shot go for

  - Performer
  - Conductor
  - Ensemble
  - (and maybe) Arranger

  Fixing the tooltips is only half-done. Let me finish fixing them and then do the rest of the tags.

  Side note:
  There is a big advantage of using extended attributes for Rating: It does not write to the file, hence file times are preserved. Otherwise that information will be lost. Rating is the most volatile tag, changing over time.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData