D10803: handle more tags in taglibextractor

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 1 10:28:32 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  With this many tags we need to be more considerate because it affects other applications which will need to adapt.

  1. Plural or singular. E.g. If it was 'performers' the property could reused by video files. (In KF6 the same should apply to 'Languages')
  2. If there is too much information in them the tooltips in dolphin will refuse to display (not enough room). This behaviour depends on the position of the hovered file relative to the screen. For the same file tooltip sometimes displays sometimes not. That will most likely confuse users.
  3. The property selection dialog for dolphin's infopanel currently is neat and small. If the list of items in it becomes too long users will have a hard time to find their way through it. We have to check if it needs another layout.
  4. The property names should be choosen to be as generic as possible to make them reusable by other file types.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData