D13777: KMessageWidget : revert to using highlight colour for Information style (WIP)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 28 14:02:31 UTC 2018

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 36841.
rjvbb added a comment.

  This revision incorporates the feedback and implements the approach already evoked:

  - use the user's highlight colour for positive messages, with a 0.4 alpha value
  - use the user's tooltip background colour for informational messages. The alpha value is based on the psychometric (perceived) intensity of the selected colour and its difference with the widget background intensity: half the average of those values, limited by half the intensity itself.
  - warning and error messages remain orange and red respectively as those are commonly accepted uses

  The final message background colour is determined as an average of the type-specific colour and the widget background colour, and should thus probably use the receiving widget's actual colour for best effects. Text colour is still taken from the application palette.

  This scheme works quite nicely for me with my own palette, but also (IMHO) with the 4 Breeze palettes, the Oxygen palette and Krita Neutral. Breeze Dark apparently uses the same background colour for regular windows and tooltips. I rather like the fact that as a result, informational messages don't stand out any more than tooltips or like they do with the current implementation - I think that must have been the intent of the theme developer(s).

  (A pity it's probably not possible to add a palette (theme) picker to the kmessagewidget test app?)

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D13777?vs=36825&id=36841

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kmessagewidget.cpp