D13777: KMessageWidget : revert to using highlight colour for Information style (WIP)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 28 11:03:16 UTC 2018

rjvbb created this revision.
rjvbb added reviewers: ngraham, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
rjvbb requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  A recent commit (00bce130d35e9dc398709e690a05f8dde70f52b3 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R236:00bce130d35e9dc398709e690a05f8dde70f52b3>) modified the KMessageWidget look and feel. While I fail to see the point to make them look like their Kirigami equivalent this doesn't really bother me either.

  The change did introduce 1 regression IMHO: the Information type background colour is now hardcoded instead of being based on the highlight colour as before. This is also the type I encounter most (in Kate, KDevelop etc).

  The patch below reverts the colour hardcoding by obtaining the base colour from the current palette, as before.

  Additionally, I propose to use the current widget palette instead of the global application palette, as we cannot know whether or not the code calling us installed a custom palette for the particular widget we're working with.

  I've marked this WIP because I plan to use the occasion to investigate whether or not it's possible to drop some of the other hardcoded colours.

  I am also open to discussion whether it would be more appropriate to use the user's tooltip colour (`QPalette::ToolTipBase`) for Information messages, or to introduce a type-specific darkening factor for the calculation of the final background colour.

TEST PLAN
  Reverts the annoying blueish background of the new-style Information messages to a colour I picked myself.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kmessagewidget.cpp