D13752: Kill solidautoeject

Adriaan de Groot noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 27 10:58:39 UTC 2018

adridg added a comment.

  Since the ticket is rather unclear on what functionality is being tested, or how:

  - Put a CD with an ISO9660 filesystem in the drive (I used one with Debian from 1995 on it)
  - When device notifier pops up, pick "open with filemanager" (`*`)
  - Ensure the silesystem isn't actually busy (e.g. no shells cd'd into that filesystem)
  - Press the physical eject button on the drive

  On FreeBSD, the filesystem is unmounted and the CD is ejected. (And the directory  in /media where the drive was mounted is removed `**`).

  Notes:

  - `* `I get a "Error -- ... Client" popup with "Malformed URL" message, and an OK button.  No idea what is causing that or where it's from -- but I don't get a file manager either.
  - `**` This only works if the filesystem is mounted through the device notifier. Mounting it by hand (somewhere else) neither unmounts, nor ejects, nor removes the mount point (the last bit is good, since you must have  made that mount point by hand, too)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace