D14449: Display used space in GiB also

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 30 02:06:25 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  +1 for using the same label but putting the information on more than one line like @rkflx suggests.

  I think there are basically three important pieces of information here:

  - Percentage free (for people who don't understand what a "GiB" is--the "Simple by default" folks)
  - Amount of free space left (for people who know what a GiB is and want hard numbers)
  - Total disk capacity (for the above group of people)

  The amount of space used is non-critical, which is probably why it wasn't displayed before, but I don't see the harm in adding it if we can avoid using too much horizontal space. Here's another idea for how to express everything while remaining compact in the horizontal dimension:

    Device capacity: ====---------- 24% full
                     22.5 GiB used, 71.9 GiB free
                     94.4 Gib total size

REPOSITORY