D13782: RFC: Ignore NTFS hidden flag for root volume

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 25 09:48:38 BST 2018

wbauer added a subscriber: ngraham.
wbauer added a comment.

  In D13782#296381 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13782#296381>, @ngraham wrote:

  > @wbauer, does this work for you now?

  Yes, it does work as expected now here in all cases I tested, and I didn't notice problems.

  With additional debug output I do see the '.' entry in the root dir still marked as hidden (as mentioned in the test plan), and also the '..' entry in (first-level) subdirs is hidden.
  This could be fixed e.g. by using QDir::cleanPath(), i.e.:

    const QString fullFilePath = QDir::cleanPath(path + QLatin1Char('/') + filename);

  But I'm not sure that is really necessary as those entries are not displayed at all anyway (even with hidden files enabled).

INLINE COMMENTS

> file_unix.cpp:575
> +                    if (ntfsHidden) {
> +                        entry.insert(KIO::UDSEntry::UDS_HIDDEN, 1);

This is entry.fastInsert(...) now as of KIO 5.48.0, see https://cgit.kde.org/kio.git/commit/?id=7048d259529fd37134e9bc1bc8d3edc3d4ac8ef4
Maybe the patch should be rebased...

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO