D14302: Don't block forever in ensureKdeinitRunning

Lamarque Souza noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 24 19:07:09 BST 2018

lvsouza added a comment.

  I think I know what is happening. This line

  QDeadlineTimer timer(qMax(timeout, -1));    // QDT only takes -1 as "forever"

  passes the result of qMax() to QDeadlineTimer's constructor. That constructor receives a quint64. Since qMax() is a template:

  inline const T &qMax(const T &a, const T &b) { return (a < b) ? b : a; }

  it will use the type of the assigned variable (quint64 in this case) as T and casting -1 to INT64_MAX. Changing the line to:

  QDeadlineTimer timer(qMax(timeout, qint64(-1)));

  should solve the problem. If it does not then this should work:

  qint64 maxTimeout = qMax(timeout, -1);
  QDeadlineTimer timer(maxTimeout);

REPOSITORY
  R271 KDBusAddons