D9070: KDE platform plugin: don't force default stylename on user-specified fonts

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 28 23:36:10 UTC 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   In the code shown by this patch ;) Line 80.

  Right. Doh. The line that causes other side-effects when you comment it out :)

  >   But the test you suggested that I do above is further proof anyhow.

  >   But even without setStyleName call (i.e. with your patch) I get the bug, due to call to QFont::fromString.

  That's the problem with the styleName: once you caught one it's almost impossible to get rid of in code. You can set an empty styleName, but that doesn't restore the pre-styleName state completely. The only safe way I know of is to convert to string, remove the stylename and recreate a QFont fromString, or write out the equivalent set of operations like I did for QtCurve.

  Still, not setting style names in the platform plugin, AND taking care not to set it in KFontRequester should improve the situation - but it will not take care of your tainted settings files for you, of course. :)

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma