D10113: baloo-widgets: Emit metaDataRequestFinished once per request

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 27 18:34:54 UTC 2018

michaelh added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in filemetadataprovider.cpp:323
> I don't think so, because `IndexedDataRetriever::start()` does not block.

In that case it might be safer to do

         IndexedDataRetriever *ret = new IndexedDataRetriever(filePath, this);
  	​connect(ret, SIGNAL(finished(KJob*)), this, SLOT(slotLoadingFinished(KJob*)));

          insertBasicData();
  	​insertEditableData();
  	​emit dataAvailable();

  ​        ret->start();

Because once loadingFinished() is signalled it's over. dataAvailable(); won't get processed anymore.

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets