D9966: [KIO] Fix issues with sharing of file descriptor

Chinmoy Ranjan Pradhan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 25 16:55:38 UTC 2018

chinmoyr added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> file_unix.cpp:117
> +    errno = err;
> +
>      if (auto err = execWithElevatedPrivilege(OPEN, path, flags, mode)) {

@fvogt I think the errno assignment should be fine here?
Except this one case, the function call whose errno value we are interested in is immediately followed by execWithElevatedPrivilege (which checks errno as the first thing). So I was saying earlier that saving errno there isn't necessary because there is no (other) library call between the failed function call and execWithElevatedPrivilege.

> fvogt wrote in sharefd_p.h:66
> Look at `man 7 unix`, section `Pathname socket ownership and permissions`.

I see, it mentions some BSD-derived system ignore read/write permissions on socket file. But in FreeBSD documentation it clearly specifies destination of connect() should be writable.
So shall I error out if OS is not linux or freebsd or mac os?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO