D10078: Add separate lib KF5::DBusRunner

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 24 16:51:50 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > For the future perhaps there could be a XDG D-Bus interface for such quicksearch plugins, so a separate krunner-independent library would make sense for that as well.

  Gnome does have an equivalent: org.gnome.Shell.SearchProvider2

  It's similar to how I would have done it if I wasn't trying to fit into the existing krunner achitecture.
  But it's not feasible do retrofit into here.

  Making a client API speak both... /might/ be feasible.

  -------------

  I want to us to make sure this is still usable without a library dependency, but I think having this makes sense for the KDE apps. Definitely +1 to the idea.

  I like how you've made it so you can reply in a sync or async way without making the sync version too complex.
  I have a proposal that re-arranges a little bit to take it just a bit further.

  void match( QSharedPointer<MatchContext> context)
  that context object stores the m_mLastMatchDBusMessage and has the addMatches methods and it calls finish in its destructor

  If a user wants to reply normally, they just do context.setMatches() in this method, with nothing else.

  The baloo/p-b-i code can cache the latest MatchContext as a member variable exactly like they currently cache the lastMessage, and everything else gets automatically taken care of.
  (with this API it looks quite easy to send the wrong data as a reply if a user doesn't handle the cancel signal correctly)

  If a user wants to reply to all messages, they can too.

INLINE COMMENTS

> abstractrunner.h:161
> +    void matchingCancelled();
> +
> +private:

please add a virtual hook for future expansion

> dbusadaptor_p.h:31
> + */
> +class DBusRunnerAdaptor: public QDBusAbstractAdaptor
> +{

Can you put a 1 in the class name for future proofing.

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner