D10040: Add serial number and EISA ID to OutputDevice interface

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 24 16:48:17 UTC 2018

graesslin requested changes to this revision.
graesslin added inline comments.

> outputdevice.xml:104-107
> +        <arg name="serialNumber" type="string"
> +             summary="textual representation of serial number"/>
> +        <arg name="eisaId" type="string"
> +             summary="textual representation of EISA identifier"/>

I'm not sure whether it's allowed to add arguments to an existing event. This would result in incompatibilities. You can make the server only emit to clients having the version, but then you actually broke any client which only has version 1.

To be really compatible you need to add a new event.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland