D10078: Add separate lib KF5::DBusRunner

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 24 15:37:59 UTC 2018

broulik added a comment.

  Cool! Dunno if this has to be a separate library? But then it would allow for super thin dependencies as it's just Qt DBus, I don't really mind either.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dbusadaptor_p.h:1
> +/*
> + *   Copyright 2018 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org>

Isn't this file compile-time generated from xml?

> querymatch.h:35
> + */
> +struct KDBUSRUNNER_EXPORT QueryMatch
> +{

Should be pimpl this? once we commit to this we can never add new fields but then the DBus signature is also now or never.. I think we should add subtext and url to the main struct since I always use the two. Originally David and I thought we could put them in properties as they're seldom used but turns out they're not.

> querymatch.h:53
>           * The type of match. Value is important here as it is used for sorting
> +         * @internal Needs to match KDBusRunner::QueryMatch::Type.
>           */

Can we static assert this in the dbus runner somehow? But I guess since it's a separate lib you cannot

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner