D9983: Don't stat(/etc/localtime) between read() and write() copying files

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 22 20:02:42 UTC 2018

jtamate added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9983#194505, @fvogt wrote:

  > Just a quick idea, it might be wrong: If you use a `QTimer` instead of `QElapsedTimer`, you can get rid of `nextTimeoutMsecs`. This would also simplify the logic a bit.

  QTimer and I have a strange relationship and I try to avoid it. But feel free to implement it that way.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fvogt wrote in slavebase.cpp:279
> This does not matter - previously this line guaranteed that this does not fire again until `nextTimeout` is set again. Now it will fire on the next `dispatchLoop()` call.
>
> You probably want to call `d->nextTimeout.invalidate()` here.

You're right. I missed that QDateTime() generates an invalid datetime.

> fvogt wrote in slavebase.cpp:1052
> You probably want to call `invalidate` here as well and then not `start()` it in this case.

If you are talking only in the last case // canceled. You are right again (the same mistake).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO