D9973: ktooltipwidget: Fix tooltip positioning

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 20 18:42:00 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  > Can you please describe exactly how many bugs are there and how to reproduce them?

  I can't exactly. There at least to phenomenona

  1. 2 stages of metadata loading most likely affecting tooltip sizing

  F5665675: tooltip.mkv <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5665675>

  This is a very extreme case specific to my setup. This delay albeit much smaller is noticable when accessing e.g. a remote smb-share.

  2. Truncation as depicted in some screenshots above

  I believe baloo or kfilemetadata is responsible for this. I'll have to investigate.

  >   I understand that's a lot to ask (so feel free to ignore it).

  NP, learning to unit test is on my agenda anyway. But it comes at a price :)

  1. Patience on your side. I will take days.
  2. Your opinon on the weird arithmetic in line 147. It works for me but I don't know why.
  3. Tell me please where I can find the code for the popup menu behind the icon left to the navbar.

  F5665653: what is my name.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5665653>

  I also believe the positioning issue I'm trying to fix here is quite independent from (to?) the phenomena above.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons