D9888: Let kdesu work when __PATH_SU or __PATH_SUDO are not defined

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 15 12:35:16 UTC 2018

mwolff created this revision.
mwolff added reviewers: dfaure, mpyne.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.
mwolff requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I quite frankly don't understand how this code can ever work. My
  system kdesu works fine, but a self-compiled one does not have either
  __PATH_SU nor __PATH_SUDO defined. Thus kdesu always starts
  /usr/bin/false which of course will always fail. You just get the
  super unhelpful "Su returned with an error" dialog shown...

  This patch only uses the two macros mentioned above when they are
  defined. If not, we try to launch su/sudo bei their name. This
  makes the code work for me.

REPOSITORY
  R299 KDESu

BRANCH