KHolidays as Framework (redux)

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sun Jan 14 15:50:08 UTC 2018

Hey,

@Volker:  Is there a need to rush releasing KHolidays it under frameworks?

As far I see it, the include mechanism do not change find_package do not need
to change and also the target_libraries do not need to changed also the API is
fixed so far -> no changes in kdepim needed. The only thing that changes is
the big bump of the version number and there will be some BIC cleanup, so
there will be BIC breakage with that move. Distributions need to rebuild
everything against the new framework. With only BIC changes there should be no
big issue for distributions to ship a uptodate kdepim (17.12.X) with a
uptodate KDE frameworks.

sandro

PS: please also inform distributions at kde.org, if the switch has a fixed date.