D9824: Optimize inotify KDirWatch backend: map inotify wd to Entry

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 12 09:58:23 UTC 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  > Each hash node will be approx 4+8=12 bytes, and something must point to it, so another 8 bytes, 20 in total. No big deal.

  I didn't think it'd be a big deal, not under normal circumstances. Still,with applications like KDevelop that currently add every single item in their project trees we're potentially dealing with thousands of files (around 7500 for GCC IIRC, much more for QtWebEngine). Then every byte starts to count esp. if file-change monitoring isn't the only feature that requires gobs of RAM.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons