D9830: Fix KFilePreviewGenerator::LayoutBlocker

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 12 08:46:44 UTC 2018

fvogt added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9830#189769, @dfaure wrote:

  > Nice investigation and fix! Do you happen to know the actual change in Qt which broke this? Wondering if it should 1) be mentioned in the commit log, 2) lead to an #if QT_VERSION.
  >  But if it's just a supposition, then that's fine, don't spend a week tracking down the change in Qt :-)

  I don't - there were some reports before Qt 5.10 (I never hit it myself though) already, so it's always been broken, just not this severe.
  The change in Qt 5.10 is probably that some operation used by the preview generator calls processEvents or an eventLoop now instead of doing a fully-blocking operation - behaviour which kio definitely can't rely on.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  master