D9770: Optimization of byteSize(double size)

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 11 17:59:56 UTC 2018

jtamate added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9770#189242, @mwolff wrote:

  > 10 calls per second sound fine to me, that shouldn't be a big performance issue at all.

  Yes, that is what I tough, but as soon as I changed the code, dolphin(file.so) started to copy as fast as cp.

  > Are you measuring performance of a debug build or of a release build?

  I'm measuring performance in a debug build (I know, I know).

  > Can you specify the exact commands you are profiling?

  valgrind --tool=callgrind /usr/local/kde-build/bin/dolphin

  > Is the performance better when you are using KFormat here?

  Yes, the cpu usage with KFormat is around 0.0x%.

REPOSITORY
  R288 KJobWidgets