[kde-build-metadata] /: Introduce temporary dependency on KCoreaddons for Breeze Icons.

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jan 11 10:18:43 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:20 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> On jeudi 11 janvier 2018 00:17:24 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Git commit 08e9c4955681587c0391b21550a52525ce37739b by Ben Cooksley.
>> Committed on 10/01/2018 at 23:17.
>> Pushed by bcooksley into branch 'master'.
>>
>> Introduce temporary dependency on KCoreaddons for Breeze Icons.
>> This should be reverted once D9807 has been merged in.
>> Please note that it is generally considered the responsibility of developers
>> to amend and update the dependency metadata when changing the dependency
>> chain within KDE projects. This is particularly critical for Frameworks
>> which have tier restrictions the CI enforces through usage of this
>> metadata.
>
> Hmm, given the existence of D9807, the best "quick fix" would have been to
> revert 08ddec40 in breeze-icons, no?

That would have been another way of doing it yes. Given that the
proper fix was on the way (and I didn't know whether a full revert or
just a selective revert was planned) I took the option of amending the
build metadata temporarily. I'll be reverting this shortly now that
D9807 has landed.

Cheers,
Ben