D9770: Optimization of byteSize(double size)

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 10 07:59:36 UTC 2018

mwolff requested changes to this revision.
mwolff added a comment.

  Imo this should be using `KFormat::formatByteSize`. https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/html/classKFormat.html#ae7412420b70e2ca935d0ebed6770e313

  And if that function is slow, add a benchmark and optimize it there so that everyone profits and not only the job tracker.

  Furthermore: can you show me the callgrind file? I suspect the real issue is that `::byteSize` is called too often here. This is for a progress bar I suspect, right? That should only update itself every X ms at the most, instead of doing it millions of times which I suspect is the case here?

REPOSITORY
  R288 KJobWidgets