D10910: Add unshadowed opaque variants for Breeze Light and Dark desktop themes

Mélanie Chauvel noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 28 10:17:33 UTC 2018

achauvel added a comment.

  > FWIW, Breeze shadows can now be turned off entirely (System Settings > Application Style > Window Decorations > Breeze > Click on the little Settings button in the corner > Shadows > Size: None), so the only thing this really adds is opaque backgrounds.

  You’re mistaken: this disable shadows only for window decorations. My themes disable shadows for panel (and widgets), Krunner and Kwin’s task switcher.

  > Not sure it's worth it IMHO. Maybe instead we should let people turn it off in Breeze without modifications.

  Sure, you can add an option to use fallback resources; my solution is dead simple but a generic solution is better. I just don’t happen to have the time or knowledge to do it.

  Also note that I use `kquitapp5 plasmashell && plasmashell` after applying my theme in order to make shadows disapear for Plasma; it works instantly for KWin.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)