D10899: Don't make Headings 20% transparent, to match Kirigami

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 27 19:04:34 UTC 2018

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added a reviewer: Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We recently removed Kirigami Headings' slight transparency, after concluding that it looked inappropriate to have Headings with lighter text than their textual content. `PlasmaExtras.Heading` does the same thing, so we should make the same change here, both based on the inherent merits of the change, and also to maintain consistency with Kirigami.

  This also slightly improves matters for people who complain about poor text contrast throughout Plasma.

TEST PLAN
  Browsed System Settings; headings are now ever so slightly darker (or lighter, for users of Dark themes)

  Also, here are some befores-and-afters for a widget I'm working on that uses Headings. Before:

  After:

  It's subtle; you'll need to flip between the two with the arrow keys to see the difference, and may need to also zoom in ([meta] + [+] + [plus])

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  opaque-headers (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/declarativeimports/plasmaextracomponents/qml/Heading.qml