D10663: Remove a partially copied file if copyjob was cancelled in the middle of file copying

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 27 09:01:25 UTC 2018

dfaure added a comment.

  "the destination file gets deleted only if some data has been written into it" ... ah I see, that's a great solution indeed, I like it.

  About moving: if the file was fully copied, (but the source not yet deleted), good catch. This requires a similar solution in FileCopyJob, i.e. one layer below (with a similar "in progress" flag that is only true while the file copy is in progress, and false as soon as it's done, i.e. before the DeleteJob). I suggest starting with that, and then in CopyJob when killing a FileCopyJob we just let it do the cleanup. As you found out, CopyJob is too high-level for this.

  Pausing and doing nasty things will never be safe, I don't think we need to worry about that.

  I think all you have to do is go one more step down the stack :-)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO