D10807: fileindexerconfig: Exclude Vaults by default

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 25 14:40:26 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  In D10807#213250 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10807#213250>, @rkflx wrote:

  > What about users who manually create and mount FUSE-type encrypted directories? Plasma Vault is just a nice interface for this workflow, after all.

  Good point.

  > A more general approach would be to look at the filesystem type in `mount` (do we have an API for that?). I'd imagine a user configurable whitelist and/or blacklist (in a config file, not sure that's UI material) would be most flexible. Perhaps there's already similar code in Baloo for handling removable devices or remote filesystems, or is this all based on some hardcoded path heuristics?

  Not sure, apparently baloo reads `/etc/mtab` only to disable copy-on-write on btrfs.
  Baloo needs a better handling of filesystems. I just started to tackle this (see T8054 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8054>). When I'm done with that, it should be possible to white-/blacklist specific filesystems.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo