D10694: epubextractor: Handle multiple subjects better

Matthieu Gallien noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 20 21:00:03 UTC 2018

mgallien added a comment.

  In D10694#210409 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10694#210409>, @michaelh wrote:

  > @mgallien Then they won't benefit from this until a file is reindexed.
  >  Users with baloo disabled will benefit, because in that case `baloo_filemetadata_temp_extractor` will extract the data on-the-fly.
  >  Reindexing just the ebooks can be done with:
  >
  >   find ~/EBooks/ -type f -name "*.epub" | { mapfile -t; balooctl clear "${MAPFILE[@]}";  balooctl index "${MAPFILE[@]}"; }

  Could you also add a test for the compatibility with current unmodified code ? I would like to be sure that we do not introduce any incompatibility.

  I am still not convinced we should change the extractors without an automatic solution for the reindexing case. You will have to ensure everybody can use the property both as a string and a stringlist forever.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData