D10654: [KUrlNavigatorPlacesSelector] Use KFilePlacesModel::convertedUrl

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 19 13:07:14 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  This fix looks pretty much just like a patch I have lying around somewhere. Still I wonder whether we should monkey-patch all present and future users of `KFilePlacesModel` instead of fixing a single location? Last time I looked at it this was Baloo (e.g. `TimelineProtocol::listDir`, `parseTimelineUrl` etc., but I might be wrong on the connection to the `search:/` case).

  In D10245#199667 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10245#199667>, @rkflx wrote:

  > When fixing the fallout from D8332 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8332> I discovered what you are changing here will propagate to every app using `KUrlNavigator`, which is quite common. (Meanwhile I gave up on adding fixes like 50e6fa3ffc49 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R260:50e6fa3ffc490eca33b8e2025120ec041b333fee> everywhere, because I realized this has to be solved at Baloo level.)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO