D10450: Generate a custom target in kcoreaddons_desktop_to_json

Raphael Kubo da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 17 11:32:36 UTC 2018

rakuco added a comment.

  Per my previous comment, I still don't see how changing this to a target would solve anything.

  For one, the CMake implementation <https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/v3.10.2/Source/cmQtAutoGeneratorInitializer.cxx#L897> allows both files and targets to be specified there.

  Additionally, this would just add a different kind of dependency to `kcm_lookandfeel`, but not change `lookandfeel`'s dependencies -- the problem persists if target B depends on a source file that target A depends on, but only target A depends on the generation of a file that this source file depends on.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons