D10554: Change include namespace from KRunner/ to Plasma/, to match C++ ns

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 15 23:11:03 UTC 2018

kossebau abandoned this revision.
kossebau added a comment.

  Bummer, no straight namespace aliasing possible: "Plasma::" namespace prefixed is used in some signal/slot signatures, and Qt's string-based signal/slot gets in the way here, moc cannot know about any possible aliases, so there is no support in the string normalization.

  Besides, doxygen also needed some preprocessor hacks like the following, which at least make the code less pretty:

    #ifdef DOXYGEN_SHOULD_SKIP_THIS
    namespace KRunner
    #else
    namespace Plasma {}
    namespace KRunner = Plasma;

    namespace Plasma
    #endif // DOXYGEN_SHOULD_SKIP_THIS

  Badly done tools getting in the way :/

  Too bad, I would have preferred to get rid of this namespace mismatch, it makes KRunner look so... not perfect ;) At least I tried, but seems this has to be delayed completly for KF6.

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner