D8056: Improve usability of "Open With" dialog by adding option to filter the application tree

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 13 17:27:32 UTC 2018

simgunz added a comment.

  In D8056#205614 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8056#205614>, @ngraham wrote:

  > interspersing the CLI command and application filtering would be a mistake. Say I type `kate`. Am I intending to use the `kate` command, or select the "Kate" app? It's ambiguous if we use one text field for both.

  That is a good point, actually I need to check which of the two has the priority now. Given that we were planning to land the revision as it is now (so with this ambiguity), don't we need to describe correctly the current behavior? Then this can be changed when we figure out a better design for dealing with how to input the commands.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO