D10314: Use F11 as the shortcut to toggle the aside preview

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 5 14:20:16 UTC 2018

markg accepted this revision.
markg added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D10314#201388, @ngraham wrote:

  > I use F11 to be consistent with Dolphin, where F11 toggles the information panel. It's not //exactly// the same thing, but I figured re-using existing KDE muscle memory was worthwhile. Alt-P could work too though, and would probably conflict less. Easier to type on a laptop with shared function keys, too.
  >
  > Any ideas on the "ambiguous shortcut" issue?

  Ah right!
  Oke, i guess now it the moment to choose.

  1. Consistency with Dolphin (ge for F11)
  2. Consistency with Windows Explorer (go for ALT + P and change the dolphin one default to ALT + P)

  I'm fine with both options as long as there is consistency.
  Accepting this one just in case you wont to go for option 1 :)

  I have no clue for the ambiguous shortcut issue.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  master