D9966: [KIO] Fix issues with sharing of file descriptor

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 3 09:25:18 UTC 2018

dfaure added a comment.

  Thiago: thanks for the review. You didn't say anything about the getsockopt/getpeereid usage so I assume this part looks ok? That's mostly what I wanted you to look at.

  The early push was so we don't release 5.43 (planned for today) without this security fix at all, in case of no answer...

INLINE COMMENTS

> thiago wrote in fdreceiver.cpp:34
> Don't use toStdString(). I know this is what it used to do, but you can take the opportunity to fix the issue.

Right, this should be QFile::encodeName(m_path) and using QByteArray in SocketAddress rather than std::string.

> thiago wrote in fdreceiver.cpp:88
> Where's the support for other OSes?

This is UNIX-only, but indeed OSX is missing. Does that support getpeereid?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO