D10250: track the validity of the texture

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 2 16:20:04 UTC 2018

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  Good analysis on the plotter. Thanks for looking into it.

  > but in some rare cases, it can be deleted too by some external cause, usually when a widget changes its parent

  If someone deletes something that's meant to be ref-counted it's being used wrong.
  If there was a real bug in ManagedTextureNode we would have seen it in all the code that already used it; iconitem, framesvgitem, etc...

  This is just a bug in plotter. If you do need to reverse the smart pointer logic to have a weak pointer, keep it within there.

  Btw, you don't need managedtexturenode unless you're using the texturecache, since Qt 5.4 you can use QSGSimpleTextureNode::setOwnsTexture.   It might help?

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative