D4911: add Baloo DBus signals for moved or removed files

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 2 12:25:06 UTC 2018

cullmann added a comment.

  @cullmann: https://phabricator.kde.org/T7860 lists some of my observations wrt samba shares. I don't know NFS, can you enlighten me regarding deviceids and inodes on NFS?

  I can only tell that baloo can't work at all on NFS/SMB home dirs with the current DB and that its idea of inode number usage to encode the file won't work there either (it already doesn't work on large file systems with 64-bit inodes).

  I am very happy that somebody is working on fixing the current bugs, but I am still not sure it would not just be better to port away to some better maintained and more secure thing like tracker, but my  https://cgit.kde.org/clones/baloo/cullmann/tbaloo.git/ port stagnated
  as there was no interest.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo