D17851: Add Android notification backend

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 30 10:17:01 GMT 2018

vkrause added a comment.

  In D17851#383718 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17851#383718>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > By using AndroidX (formerly known as the support library) we could enable it for Android version older than 23 (which is about 29% of all active devices). That would require adding the appropriate jar to the build.

  This makes sense. The tricky part seems to be the CMake integration of a dependency only available via Maven. Doable it seems, but not straightforward. The changes needed on the Java side seem fairly minimal.

  In D17851#383826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17851#383826>, @apol wrote:

  > This looks really cool! I'd say let's get this in and we can iterate from here if needed.

  That would be much appreciated, juggling a stack of big interdependent patches with arc is not fun...

  > Maybe it would be useful to have builds of a test application?

  Yes. I have been testing with KDE Itinerary, but that isn't really elegant. Adding a dedicated test application here would add extra dependencies though.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications