D17529: [proxysetting] Fix build with NM 1.4

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 12 12:06:45 GMT 2018

wbauer added a comment.

  In D17529#375867 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17529#375867>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > I think the easiest solution here is just to set 0 and 1 to the enum values, instead of NM defines.

  Sure, that would work as well.

  But IMHO the version check would make it easier to remove this "hack" when the minimum NM version would be raised at some point in the future.

  Whatever you prefer though.

  > I'm not sure if adding/removing enum is ABI compatible change, because the enum will disapper once you build it against NM 1.6.0+.

  Hm, I see what you mean.

  I don't think that really is a problem here though, as it is defined in libnm/nm-setting-proxy.h (in NM 1.6+) which is included by this file (via NetworkManager.h that's included by setting.h).
  I.e. the enum will still be there when building against NM 1.6.0+ (otherwise the build would fail in the first place anyway, as it is used just a few lines below).

REPOSITORY
  R282 NetworkManagerQt