D13216: Overhaul the file index scheduler.

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 24 14:30:27 BST 2018

bruns requested changes to this revision.
bruns added a comment.

  Split this into independent changes.
  Add add comprehensive description to the summary - a bug reference is insufficient.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fileindexscheduler.cpp:98
> -        Q_EMIT stateChanged(m_indexerState);
> -        return;
>      }

You sneak in a unmentioned and significant change - you allow to run several indexer tasks to run in parallel!

> fileindexscheduler.cpp:117
>
> -        m_threadPool.start(runnable);
> -        m_modifiedFiles.clear();
> -        m_indexerState = ModifiedFiles;
> -        Q_EMIT stateChanged(m_indexerState);
> -        return;
> +        m_threadPool.start(runnable, -(int)NewFiles);
> +        runnableStarted(NewFiles);

Whats that supposed to do (I have an idea, but thats ugly ...)

> fileindexscheduler.h:92
>
> +    QList<Baloo::IndexerState> m_indexerStates;
> +

Make this a QFlags ...

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo