D14971: Combine display OSD icon files and move to plasma icon theme

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 21 13:37:36 BST 2018

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  If we rename the icons, we will need to correspondingly change the OSD code itself to use the new names: https://cgit.kde.org/kscreen.git/tree/kded/qml/OsdSelector.qml#n51

  Unfortunately, that code lives in `KScreen`, which uses the Plasma release schedule rather than the Frameworks schedule. Therefore we cannot guarantee that people will be using the right combination of the two pieces of code; it's perfectly possible for a distro to ship KDE Frameworks 5.50 (with the renamed files) but KDE Plasma 5.13.5 (which would use the old names). If these lived on-disk, I'd suggest just making a symlink. Can we do that here internally? Is there any way to give one image two names in the svgz file?

  Either way, that should be done in a separate commit. Please revert the name change and we'll do that later. It's important to keep patches as small as possible to keep the git history clean, and also make it easy to revert any individual change that caused problems.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)