KDE apps have missing icons when not on Breeze

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:12:26 BST 2018

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 2:41 PM Dominik Haumann <dhaumann at kde.org> wrote:
> Just yesterday Kåre worked around a similar issue when running
> Kate in Gnome. See fix: https://phabricator.kde.org/D14856

The solution for Kate solves a more specific problem. If they can't
find the icon "games-config-options", then they search for
"preferences-system" and hope this one will be there. This can't be
done for every icon because some of them simply won't have a
replacement, or at least not in every theme out there.

Instead of having a per-icon fallback, I would rather fallback to the
same icon on a different theme. Eg: If the icon is not there in the
system's theme, then we fallback to Breeze because we know it is
there.

Albert