KDE apps have missing icons when not on Breeze

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:43:47 BST 2018

Hi everyone,

If we want to reach more potential users, we have to make sure KDE
apps look properly in every desktop. Take a look at how KDE apps look
in Gnome, you will see there are lots of missing icons.

https://imgur.com/a/nkeiryb

It think it is important to get this fixed, as it can make people not
use our apps.

Note that, on the other hand, Gnome apps look good in Plasma even when
Breeze doesn't have the icons they need. This is because they fall
back to their own theme when an icon is not found in the system theme:
I just tested it setting the icon theme to Breeze on Gnome, and
deleting the "actions" directory from Breeze, they show the Gnome
icons instead.

Anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this?

(Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.)

Albert