purpose unittests on Windows

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Aug 11 06:02:18 BST 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:28 PM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> Any idea why purpose can't find the KIO http and file protocols -- on Windows?
>
> https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/job/Frameworks%20purpose%20kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.10/76/testReport/junit/(root)/TestSuite/alternativesmodeltest/
>
> That's very odd, because the dependency from purpose on kio is there in kde-build-metadata
> (it wouldn't build otherwise), and using kio_file from other frameworks surely works (e.g. in KParts).
>
> The lookup for protocols looks for "kf5/kio" under all Qt plugin directories, i.e. $QT_PLUGIN_PATH.
>
> The CI log says
> QT_PLUGIN_PATH            = 'C:\CI\workspace\Frameworks purpose kf5-qt5 WindowsMSVCQt5.10\install-prefix\lib\plugins;C:\Craft\CI\windows-msvc2017_64-cl-debug\lib\qca-qt5'
>
> Is that supposed to include KIO's plugins?
>
> I guess so, given that a Unix CI job for purpose says
> QT_PLUGIN_PATH            = '/home/jenkins/install-prefix/lib64/plugins'
>
> => is there a kf5\kio subdir in C:\CI\workspace\Frameworks purpose kf5-qt5 WindowsMSVCQt5.10\install-prefix\lib\plugins ?

I've checked and the following seem to be present in that directory,
which looks correct to me:

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----        8/10/2018   8:39 PM         274944 file.dll
-a----        8/10/2018   8:40 PM         352256 ftp.dll
-a----        8/10/2018   8:40 PM         185856 ghelp.dll
-a----        8/10/2018   8:39 PM         185856 help.dll
-a----        8/10/2018   8:45 PM         946688 http.dll
-a----        8/10/2018   8:40 PM         189440 remote.dll
-a----        8/10/2018   8:40 PM         122880 trash.dll

Is there any debug output we can enable to see how it is searching for
the plugins?

Cheers,
Ben