D14606: KCrash: DrKonqi cancelled = able to start...

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 6 22:20:37 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  OK, if no one else cares :)

  I told you how to reproduce the problem: do whatever it takes to make `cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern` return a pipe command. Without that KCrash appears to think that you won't get a coredump (wrong...) and will exit when DrKonqi exits.

  As I said when I abandoned my patch, I think that the content of that (special) file should be used only as the initial value for a config setting that determines whether or not KCrash should re-raise the signal after DrKonqi exited:

  - /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern is linux-specific (I think) and is likely to refer to the system crash reporter which shouldn't be used for software built locally (e.g. KF5 software).
  - coredumps are possible when that file does not contain a pipe command (in fact, that might be the only way to get them)

REPOSITORY
  R285 KCrash