D14606: KCrash: DrKonqi cancelled = able to start...

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 4 22:45:49 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  > But there's a catch, on my system I get some plasma popup on which I have to click "Report Bug" in order to get the usual drkonqi dialog. Do you get that too?

  Usually, yes. If you're not quick enough you have to go find DrKonqi in the taskbar or even systray.

  >   Yes, I confirm that drkonqi exits normally, says gdb (attached to drkonqi) :
  >   [Inferior 1 (process 22013) exited normally]

  Well, that's a mystery... I'll have to figure out then why I get the false alarm and I don't see any other explanation then DrKonqi returning ~0.

  One could say that in absolute terms my patch is correct (if DrKonqi gives an exit code that means it was started ;-)) but that's assuming that Dr.K always starts up completely when called through KCrash. I'll have to try and figure that out.

  It does exit with a non-zero return code when called manually without any arguments:

    %> /opt/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi
    org.kde.kwindowsystem: Loaded plugin "/opt/local/share/qt5/plugins/kf5/org.kde.kwindowsystem.platforms/KF5WindowSystemX11Plugin.so" for platform "xcb"
    org.kde.drkonqi: Invalid pid specified
    Exit 1
    %> Exception ignored in: <_io.TextIOWrapper name='<stdout>' mode='w' encoding='ANSI_X3.4-1968'>
    BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

  We can probably ignore that case safely, but note the message about an exception being ignored. It comes after DrKonqi exitted, so who said that?

REPOSITORY
  R285 KCrash