D12538: Always prompt for overwrite on double-click in save dialog

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 28 23:23:20 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  TBH, I don't get what the overwrite and release schedule discussion has to do with this patch. All it does is add an additional method to trigger `slotOk()`, i.e. instead of clicking on Save, users can simply double-click.

  The fact that either the dialog or the app ask before overwriting in response to the slot is not changed in any way here. Don't judge a Diff by its title, in particular as long as the request to "Please update your summary too" is still in state "red" ;)

  ---

  Regarding what you were discussing: If I understood Peter's analysis in D12346 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12346> correctly, the API will always allow apps to opt-out of the dialog providing the overwrite confirmation, and instead add their own. Therefore to me it seems like it is only a matter of going through all apps and opt-in to the already existing functionality, i.e. I don't see why this would require changes in KIO which would result in dependency issues (unless I'm mistaken?).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO