D12538: Select item without clicking the Open/Save button

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 27 18:56:16 UTC 2018

rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks, works great now for single click users. Glad we could skip a huge discussion ;)

  However, for double click mode and Save, descending into directories is kinda broken. You might want to fix that before shipping…

  > Activate files in the filepicker without having to click on the Open/Save button first, but instead single/double clicking on the icon, depending on the mouse settings.

  Please update your summary too, and ideally reference those 3 commits I mentioned, as they contain useful information and you copied most of the patch from there.

  In D12538#254372 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12538#254372>, @ngraham wrote:

  > (As mentioned before, this can't and won't land until other things have been fixed and implemented first)

  @ngraham Is this still the case with the changed scope of the patch?

INLINE COMMENTS

> kfilewidget.cpp:1179
> +    // accept). This way the user can choose a file and add a "_2" for instance to the filename.
> +    // Double clicking however will trigger this, regardless of single/double click mouse setting,
> +    // see: _k_slotViewDoubleClicked

Do you mean "override" instead of "trigger" here?

> kfilewidget.cpp:2156-2162
> +void KFileWidgetPrivate::_k_slotViewDoubleClicked(const QModelIndex &index)
> +{
> +    if (operationMode == KFileWidget::Saving && index.isValid()) {
> +        q->slotOk();
> +    }
> +}
> +

I'd move that right under `:_k_slotIconSizeSliderMoved`, to keep ordering at least somewhat consistent with the declaration.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO