D10663: Remove a partially copied file if copyjob was cancelled in the middle of file copying

Dmitri Ovodok noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 26 20:58:57 UTC 2018

dmitrio added a comment.

  Then I probably didn't understand what was proposed in the discussed bug report. When you start writing to the existing file the data that have been in the destination file before the operation become lost. If we want to be able to restore content of destination files after overwrite operation has started then we need to change the whole mechanism of file copying: we should copy source file to some temporary file, delete the destination file an rename temporary file to the destination file name. If this is what was meant by this bug report then I am probably trying to fix the wrong issue. Is it so, or what is the desired behavior in this case?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO