D7423: [WIP/assistance needed] Populate UDS_CREATION_TIME on Linux if statx system call is available

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 22 04:29:54 UTC 2018

ngraham marked an inline comment as done.
ngraham added a comment.

  I took a crack at accessing `statx` directly, but I'm waaaaaay out of my depth here and will need some help making this actually work. There doesn't seem to be a glibc wrapper for `statx` yet, so we have to access it directly, which is messy and I haven't figured out how to make it work yet, though I think I might be on the right track.

  As such, this patch is presented--currently in non-working form, sadly--for discussion and hopefully instructional purposes. If someone else with more domain knowledge wants to grab this and do it right themselves, please feel free!

  Problems that need to be overcome:

  - On my Neon test system with kernel 5.13, `__NR_statx` isn't actually available in `/usr/include/unistd.h`; it's only available in `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.13.0-38-generic/arch/x86/include/generated/uapi/asm/unistd_64.h
  - The `check_function_exists(statx HAVE_STATX)` CMake command returns 0 even though statx is available.
  - The file KIOSlave crashes in `../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:84` when I try to run Dolphin with this patch for KIO.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO