D7929: [WIP] Add new Column View option to KDirOperator

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 21 14:33:42 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  We're doing a UI and usability overhaul of the Open & Save dialogs in T8552: Polish Open/Save dialogs <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8552>, and I think perhaps we should revisit this. I'm very strongly in favor of adding column-based navigation to both `KDirOperator` and also Dolphin (though I understand that's much more difficult). However I don't think it's the end of the world if we can only add it to the open/save dialogs for now, since navigation is the primary use case for these dialogs. On MacOS, column view is practically the only mode I use for navigation, since it's so much faster than the others.

  Is there anything we can do to ease the difficulty of the Qt contribution process for you, @fvogt?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO